July 22-25, 2019
Venue: Stowe, Arena, Stowe Vermont
Arena Maps Link click here
Provide college coaches an opportunity to evaluate goalies in an on-ice evaluation used by Hockey Consultants Vincent Riendeau (HCVR) to evaluate professional goalies. The idea for a goalie showcase evolved from watching many Showcases and seeing that players got ample opportunities to be evaluated during games, but goalies often don't see many shots or top quality shots, don't handle a wide range of game situations and can not be adequately evaluated by scouts.
During our planning with Coach Vincent Riendeau we decided to have a mix of on ice and off ice segments so college scouts could see goalies abilities to handle all the technical movements of the position, to handle a variety of on ice situations facing shots and their ability to read the play in controlled situations. Also on ice goalie-specific testing was created for the scouts and Coach Riendeau and his staff to measure each goalie's performance. The overall showcase format and components were based on NHL Prospect Camps that Coach Riendeau has directed.
On ice sessions
- goalies are put through a variety of technical movement stations where their proficiency is evaluated
- goalies are evaluated on ice performance with shots and a variety of situations where they must apply their technical expertise and tactical knowledge of the game
- they are also evaluated through goalie-specific testing
Off ice sessions
- Daily Player Assessment sessions (2/day): Each day the goalies will break up into small groups to meet with a team of college coaches. The goalies will go through a series of challenges, questions and problem solving that will give the coaches great understanding and insight into each player. These sessions have been modeled after NHL prospect and rookie camps where the same techniques are applied.
- Daily off ice workouts: Goalies will be lead by one of Coach Riendeau's staff through off ice workouts specific to their position. The goal is to give them deeper understanding and insight into goalie-specific training.
Informational sessions off ice will assist goalies with understanding the college landscape for goalies and future goal-setting and planning.
- The Path to College for Goalies: college coaches will lead and information session on the recruiting process which is much different for goalies than players. This information will specifically assist goalies to understand the process through the eyes of college scouts, current and former college goalies and professional coaches.
- Speaker: At the first Goalie Showcase, US Olympic goalie Bri McLaughlin talked to the girls about her experience, growth, development and eventual path to college then into the USA Hockey National Program. It was excellent- informational, inspirational and a highlight of the program.
The goal is to provide college scouts as much information as possible about the future college goalie prospects in the Goalie Showcase and to help inform and educate the goalies both on and off the ice.
Hockey & Off-ice program
A comprehensive schedule from the 2016 program is provided in the right hand column.
Vincent Riendeau, Showcase Director
Patrick Laferriere, Head Goalie Coach
Melissa Jarry-Sampson, Goalie Instructor, Off ice program coordinator
Bill Driscoll, NAHA Director
Jesse Driscoll, NAHA Head Coach
Hannah Westbrook, NAHA Coach
See list along with contact info to the right.
Cost: $595. Register using our secure server, link is on the top right of this page.
Lodging: This is not an overnight camp. Participants are responsible for their own room and board; participants use local hotels and stay with families during the event. The Showcase secures special rates at hotels close to the arenas, and convenient to other area attractions. A list will be posted here soon. As an alternative, some families choose to camp in the area.
Some lodging suggestions:
Stowe Motel: 802-253-7629
Commodores Inn: 802-253-7131
Stowe Area Association (click for link to their home page)
This year's daily schedule will be posted as the Goalie Showcase gets closer. Participants will be emailed local information and suggestions for meals, camp info, and other specific information.
Questions: NAHA office 802-253-1590 or email
2019 Registration is open, click on the link below:
Click to contact the coaches by email; additional coaches will be added as confirmed
Plattsburgh State University
St. Lawrence University
University of Connecticut