REGISTRATION OPENING SOON
20th Annual NAHA
Labor Day Tournament 2020
September 4th – 6th
U19 & U16 Divisions
Gutterson Field House (The University of Vermont) -
Cairns Twin Rinks & Leddy Park
Stowe Arena - Waterbury Ice Center
Friday September 4th, 2020 - Sunday September 6th, 2020
- U.S. Women's U-19 Tier I Level Tournament (CHA Midget/Intermediate AA or USA Hockey Tier I). This tournament will be the most competitive early season tournament, kicking off the 2020 recruiting season. Teams will be accepted based on the quality of the team. If you are putting together a team for this tournament or a new team, please provide information on the players, team and other information that will help us assess the quality of the team.
- Returning Teams: Teams who participated in last year's tournament and have been invited back, have until Jan 1 to register; after that date teams will be accepted until the tournament is full.
- Unique format allows teams to play many teams during the tournament in high paced, perfect for early season play, and with the endorsement of all the college coaches. All teams are guaranteed 5 full games. All U19/Junior, U16/Midget, U14/Bantam teams will play 5 games; 6th game for teams that reach their Division finals. You should plan on being in Vt on Thursday eve, as games start Friday morning; games will conclude on Sunday by 3PM.
- There will be three divisions, a U19/Cdn Junior, U16/Cdn Midget (US teams must be U16; Canadian Midget U17) and U14/Cdn Bantam. Each year teams will be evaluated for their level of play and competitiveness in the tournament by the tournament committee before the field is set for the following year. New teams should forward the completed registration package. Once the previous teams are re-entered, new teams will be evaluated and informed.
- Teams interested in arriving a day (or more) early can obtain practice ice time at the University of Vermont by contacting UVM rink scheduling by email or at 802-656-7778. Ice can also be rented at Cairns Arena 802-658-5577, Leddy Park email, the Waterbury Ice Center email or 802-244-4040, or Stowe Arena 802-253-3054.
- Rosters and schedules are distributed to college coaches for recruiting. Over 130 college scouts were represented at the 2020 event, representing well over 50 major DI and DIII colleges and every conference as well as ACHA clubs.
- Located on the shores of Lake Champlain, Burlington has a lot to offer for the family, including enjoying the waterfront, downtown shopping on the open Church Street Marketplace, tours at Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream, museums and more. For more info on the area: http://www.vermont.org
- Close proximity to area colleges for visits: The University of Vermont, Middlebury College, Norwich University, Dartmouth College, St. Michael's College, Plattsburgh State and Castleton are all within an hour, and many are much less. A little further: Williams, New England, St. Lawrence, Clarkson, Potsdam, St. Anselm, University of New Hampshire.
- Travel: Burlington is 1.5 hours directly south of Montreal, 3.5 hours from Boston, 2.5 hours from Manchester, NH (MHT). Burlington Airport (BTV) is served by Delta, JetBlue, United, Porter and American Airlines.
- Travel Permits: Canadian teams and USA teams, whose Affiliate or District require them, must supply Travel Permits before the event. Email to email@example.com. When the USA Tournament Sanction numbers are assigned, it will be posted here.
Tournament will be sanctioned by USA Hockey
Fee:$1950.00 USD; deposit of $1,000.00 USD payable with team registration. Balance due April 1, 2020. Canadian teams please pay in US funds. Teams use the online form/email to register, once information is received - our office will send out a payment link via Square pay or submit the form and pay by check through the mail.
Registration is not processed until payment is received.
We hope you will join us for a weekend of competitive hockey, good sportsmanship and fun!
Kickoff weekend for the 2020 College Recruiting Season!
The Tournament will kick off on Friday morning with the first game at 7:00AM. Teams will play 2 games and Friday and Saturday, and 1 game on Sunday; semifinalists and finalists will play additional games. The Championship game (also the final game of the tournament) will end at 3:00pm.